Show up every single day


Show up every single day

To be very honest, I felt absolutely crappy today. Energy drained, both physically and emotionally. A very busy shift in the hospital, a lot of emotional baggage and thoughts dancing through the mind when I hit my bed. Sometimes, you just want to stay in bed, body tired, but more notably, the mind is worn down and exhausted. Because to be honest, your body can be beat down, but when your mind is fresh, alive and still burning bright, you can still carry on with whatever is put in front of you. But when that is drained, we might have a problem in our hands, or do we? 

So because my mind was not ready to proceed on with today's blogpost, or carry on with today's meditation practice. I just wanted to knock out after chucking down some food for the sake of having dinner. "We'll just do the meditation tomorrow, and who cares about the blogpost right now, you have so much on your mind already, just give it up for today" - I was ready to agree with that voice, when I realised that what my blog title was. Lol, it takes one second guys. I reflected on it, and suddenly thought about nature once again (as always, a special connection to nature, where I attempt to draw strength from). The sun, does it ever say "nah, i don't feel like it today, I'll show up tomorrow, let those humans freeze to death". Never seen that happen, and we'll hopefully never see that coming. That bright star shows up every single day, no matter what goes on around it or in planet earth. Be the sun guys, show up every single day to your habits (productive ones that serve you well of course), challenges, duties, career, family, friends, LIFE. Show up whether you feel like it, or not. 

This is especially so for your important, life changing habits and passions. Do them with consistency and commitment if you want to see any form of results. I begun this blog, along with meditation recently because I found myself entangled within my own head, and wanted some answers. Blogging and reflecting, and writing it down is said to be immensely helpful with organising and cleansing your mind. And I like to compare meditation to the user's manual for the mind. These 2 concepts on why I begun writing and meditating will be discussed in separate blogposts.

Hence, be the sun and show up everyday guys. Some days, you will be fired up, the stars aligned, motivation levels off the roof. Some days, like today for me, you will feel like you are hanging off a cliff trying to survive and make it to the next day. No matter what the circumstances are, decide to be like the sun, shining bright and on point, it just takes one second guys! 

Would love to hear your comments, do share the ideas with your family and friends and spread some genuine love :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 ways to spend free time

Fitness as a lifestyle